Today I wanted to share with you one of the two ‘swaps’ that I made for the South Pacific Stampin’ Up! Convention. I apologies up front for the extremely bad photographs as these were taken sooooo last minute as I was literally packing up and heading out the door, I realised I hadn’t taken any photos to share so as they were on the table I snapped just these couple to share with you.
These little Lotus Flowers were something that I had seen on a few blogs and decided that there were just too cute not to make for one of my swaps. I have HEAPS of DSP from Stampin’ Up! and wanted to use up a little so I can buy NEW stuff from the upcoming 2014-2015 Catalogue so these were just the ticket. However, each one doesn’t really use too much paper and I converted the measurements I found so that I could maximise our 12″ x 12″ pieces of paper (and cut out in inches!).
In total I made around 40 of these little guys and with a little help from my fabulous sister (who is always getting ‘cutting up’ jobs from me) I was able to get them together in a few short nights of folding.
Here they all are boxed and ready for me to take on the plane. Now you will probably see that on the ‘bottom’ of them there is a little QR code, because these were so little it was far easier to make a video to show how to make them rather than try to attach instructions to my swaps. In case you also would like to know how to make some of your very own, here is that tutorial for you ….