My life is finally calming down with my work schedule being a little more friendly I am finally finding more time again to create and more importantly share! Today’s share is not a new project but one I created back in February when I created an alternate long card version for the Card-in -a-Box and made two Unicorn cards for some twins who were turning 1. Here is that post in case you missed it: Unicorn Card in a Box. I had so many lovely emails and requests for the dimensions of this card and I emailed quite of few people and made a lot of promises to do a video tutorial on this one like I did for the original small version of the Card-in-a-Box that I posted here.
Well after much delay I have finally gotten the video camera back out (and the battery was almost flat!) and made a video tutorial for you on this card and have included it below for you. While I was determined to do this video I thought it would be great to also participate in a challenge so I used the Color Challenge from the Pals Paper Arts as my inspiration for this sample.
Now these are definitely not colours I either use or put together let alone something I would use on a baby card, except maybe for Pool Party which I love for babies. But hey that is what a challenge is all about right? So not too sure where I really nailed this one but was so keen to use my ‘Baby, We’ve Grown’ stamp set from the 2014 Occasions catalogue that I thought now was as good a time as any. So with the help of some Sahara Sand for the card base I set about trying to weave some magic with these colours and my chosen stamp set. The only additional stamp set I used was the Hardwood background stamp for the posts of the clothes line.
I love my fringe scissors and so used them for a little grass below the line, I added some clothes with the owl punch and some DSP. I thought three pieces of clothing made my line to full so needing an element (have to have odd numbers for my elements, 1,3,5,7 … ask my Stamp Club girls LOL!) I decide to cut a heart from some canvas scrap I had from the Heartfelt banner kit I had left over from Sale-A-Bration … just perfect!
Loads of little bits and pieces in this creation and it was so fun to make, hope you enjoy the video tutorial and let me know if you have any questions.
A little post-script update: So pleased to be one of the artists picks for this entry in the PPA challenge … thank you to ‘Design Team 1’ and the lovely comments on this project!